Saturday, November 17, 2007

My Initiation Into The Green World

As my semester comes to an end with graduation in a couple of weeks, I wanted to convert this blog into a personal piece relaying my time spent in the green world-- how I was welcomed, how I learned beyond my imagination, experiences I had, the green people I met and what I intend to do next.

Introduced to the green world by fault of my senior journalism capstone (thank goodness), the Cat Scan, I never knew its wide and large extent, alongside its effort in trying to educate the non-green world members. Thus, I was initiated into this alternate lifestyle for the past 4 months and I've enjoyed it thoroughly, and will continue to enjoy its liveliness and passion beyond completion at the University of Arizona.

Combining basic journalism skills and focusing on one theme throughout the semester, "Living Green," I not only continued to learn journalism practices and principles, but I learned how to care about something in a different way-- my earth, our earth.

Granted, I haven't fully adopted the "green" lifestyle, but I've attempted to do as much as I can to change my carbon footprint in order to use up less planets.

Besides that, I've experienced a great deal of green...

Stories I've covered mostly dealt with lifestyle, including the uses of bamboo, to a profile on an architecture firm and their green practices. Also, the people I've met along the way are truly passionate about their greenness. Oh, and I can't forget the amazing time I've had covering green decor and interior design with this blog.

More importantly, I've learned that going green is not a choice, it is a lifestyle that some normally live, through no fault as my capstone course. I consider myself lucky to have experienced and participated in this global green movement and lifestyle.

Above all, I know what green is. It's beyond color, it's beyond following a movement, it's beyond a class theme.

Green is simply-- good.

All Best,
Jenna
(Green World Member)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jenna,

Love your world.

I own The Natural Carpet Company. we specialize in 100% natural Abaca Fiber Carpets and Rugs.

www.naturalcarpetcompany.com

Hope to keep in touch.

Kind regards and Happy New Year!

Norman Marks
President
nm@naturalcarpetcompany.com