Saturday, October 27, 2007

Palm a Pom Tea...you keep the glass!

I was in need of a refreshing drink after class this past week due to the weather still being warm, despite the fact that we're about to enter into November. Anyways, back to my refreshing drink. I decided to pick up a Pom Wonderful Tea drink, but wondered why it was $3.25. I thought to myself, 'hmm, this drink is a little on the pricey side.' After talking with a friend about my purchase and checking out the Pom Web site, I was informed that the price was as is because the glass in which it comes in is reusable. So, besides coming in a beautifully packed glass container with a lid, the glass is yours to keep and refurbish later with your drink of choice. And what better way to compliment your kitchen cabinets, counter, desk, or dining table, than with recycled glasses?


Pom Wonderful drinks are made out of pomegranate fruit, which is historically one the earliest fruits cultivated on earth. Consuming pomegranate fruit has a number of health benefits including the prevention and slowing of cancer growth due to the fruits carrying of antioxidants. Products of Pom Wonderful includes their tea (which was very tasty-- I had the Peach Passion White Tea), juice and even pomegranate pills, for those with less time to enjoy the liquid form of the pomegranate fruit. After doing some research on the pomegranate fruit and its contribution to a better, healthy lifestyle, it also contributes to the green world of conserving products. And in this case, offering buyers a glass to keep and reuse.

No comments: